What is new in dech20t
- (FITS->200 conversion problem) Bugs fixed.
- Measurement of intensity of magnetic field is possible now.
- (Common windows) - "Load *.DAT(Natural Wavelength" option added. It allows
loading saved DAT files.
- (FITS->200 conversion problem) For some FITS was not able to create the corresponding FDS file. Fixed.
- (100 windows) - "Curve/Save As/ Whole Spectrum (*.fits)" has a problem: the normalized data were not saved correctly. Solved.
- (100 windows) - "Set As REFSPEC", "Show REFSPEC" options added. It allows
to see additional spectra in 100-window.
- (100 windows) - "Add To/All windows" option added.
- (100 windows) - Now one can measure S/N ratio for spectra which are not continuum normalized.
- (100 windows) - LSR correction (not only Heliocentric one as it was) can be applied for the
"Add To/Seen Part in Radial Veocity Scale". I.e., radial veocity scale of the new dataset, sent to a common-window
can be corrected for both, heliocentric or LSR corrections.
- (100 windows/Calc EW) - Lines measured using "WIDTH", "WIDTHNEW" or "ERMAK" types of line list
will be shown in pink color until reload line list file. This helps to
distingusih measured already lines.
V. 7.3.20 -- COMPLETE INSTALLATION REQUIRED!
- Options/Default Settings - Now, one can associate *.200, *.100 and *.DAT
files with DECH20t.exe.
- (Common windows/File/Load ASCII) UNIX style ASCII files are readable now.
- (100 windows) A speed of spectrum plot is optimized now: the program do window plot when user change window
size or spectrum scale only. Some time, when huge LIN file is plotting, one may stop this (do not wait until
end of plot) by a mouse click in any place of the window
- (100 windows) Results of BISECTOR measurements can be written in a file
- Some errors (e.g., improper LIN file usage during construction of dispersion curve) were fixed.
V. 7.3.17 -- COMPLETE INSTALLATION REQUIRED!
- (100 windows) FDS autoselection can work with list of FDS files
- Some small errors (e.g., during LIN files plot) were fixed.
- (100 windows) Identification files (*.LIN) plot became faster now.
- "rfits" and "flipo" utilities are included in the DECH package. RFITS do print out to a console
for chosen header fields of FITS files. FLIPO do flip of orders sequence for all 200 and FDS files in
a chosen directory: i.e. first order became last one.
Some minor errors (e.g. database opening) were fixed.
V. 7.3.15 -- COMPLETE INSTALLATION REQUIRED!
- Dech20t.exe is recompiled using MS VB Service Pack 6. Previous versions were compiled using MS VB Service Pack 5 (older one).
- (100 windows) Coordinates of cutted edges (when use F4,F5 in "Cut bad pixels" option) can be saved in the "dech20t_cut.cut" file,
stored in the DECH directory (usually "c;\program files]dech\"). To switch this possibility on, one have to check-in the
"Write Cutted edges info" check box ("Options/Default Settings/Black window"). Saved coordinates can be used for cutting
edges in a batch mode - use "Curve/Bad pixels/Cut edges..." option. When using different spectrograph's data we recommend
to keep/rename "dech20t_cut.cut".
- (100 windows, Calc/Bisector) Program allows to evaluate the bisector of any spectral fragment selected by "left" mouse clicks.
The white line of bisector will be shown. Press right mouse button and use "Copy Bisector to Clipboard".
Now one can paste bisector in table form into any text editor, e.g. "Notepad". Note that spectral fragment should be smooth
(otherwise use "Calc/Calc EW/Manual mode") and wide enough - very sharp lines can't be processed properly.
- (100 windows, Calc/Calc EW/Manual mode) Program allows to evaluate the bisector of a created profile. When finish
profile creation, the white line of bisector will be shown. Press right mouse button and use "Copy Bisector to Clipboard".
Now one can paste bisector in table form into any text editor, e.g. "Notepad".
(100-windows, "Calc/dRV heliocentric") The sign of the heliocentric correction and LSR correction was wrong. Fixed.
(100-windows, "Calc/Spectroscopic parallax") "EW of interstellar CaII versus distance" method is added
(100-windows, "Add to...") Arrays indexing error may happen due to uncontrolled rounding. Solved.
(100-windows, Common window) Identification (load *.LIN) can be filtered now (For example, to show "FE" lines only). Attention: Filtering is case sensitive!
- (100-windows) program works faster with very long spectra.
- (100-windows) "Merge orders" (allows to increase S/N).
- (100-windows) FDS file will be created (if wavelength scale was modified) when using "Save As.*"